Senior Ruby Developer
Contact: [email protected]
Notch8 is seeking a Senior Developer to join our team. We are looking for a talented web developer with good collaboration skills, who can quickly take the lead on incoming projects as we expand. A successful candidate will have strength in Ruby on Rails development and the ability to lead a project team and guide junior staff. Though we are San Diego-based, we have successfully gone fully remote in 2020 and are open to candidates in any location.
- Provide expertise in web design and architecture
- Collaborate effectively with project manager, other developers, and external teams in an agile environment
- Actively participate in project scoping and planning, including shaping and estimating of project proposals
- Embrace a culture of collaboration and community, where open communication, internal mentorship, and contributing to open-source projects are just a few of our values
- Position yourself as a leader on the team whose work schedule includes mentoring other developers
Candidates who meet most but not all requirements for this position are urged to apply.
- Minimum three years’ directly-related experience as a developer
- Proficiency with Docker
- Experience generating and maintaining comprehensive, digestible documentation
Desired Skills (not required):
- Five years’ experience with the technologies listed above
- Experience developing digital repositories, especially in the Samvera stack, including Solr, Fedora, Blacklight, Hyrax and/or Hyku
- Devops experience, including server architecture and deployment
- Acumen for team leadership or mentorship
Benefits of Working for Notch8:
- Work-from-home and remote work options
- Dedicated hours allocated to professional development
- Support for conference and training participation, including travel when applicable
- Being an autonomous member of a collaborative and supportive team
- Flexible work hours – we make work-life balance a priority
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision and 401K plans
- Member of a strong community network in both the local San Diego tech scene and the international Samvera community
Notch8 was started in 2007 with the intent of creating a healthy work environment, focused on quality products and building good relationships, both internally and externally. Today, Notch8 is proud of our reputation for leadership in the local tech community, as well as the Ruby and Samvera communities. We believe in a virtuous cycle of happy — happy engineers build great software; great software makes happy clients. We also believe all team members have the right to:
- Strong community involvement
- Trust, respect, and autonomy
- Great work-life balance
Notch8 is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment, which benefits our company and our clients. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider applications without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, family status, age, or veteran status.
Send your resume or CV and a cover letter to [email protected] for consideration for this position.